Lost or Stolen Card?
- Please call 254-826-3741
- After hours & weekends, call 254-826-3654 or 1-800-411-8498
To help avoid inconvenience, you can take the following basic precautions:
When you get your card
- Sign the signature panel immediately.
- Do not tell anyone your PIN
- Keep your sales and cash machine receipts and check them against your card or bank statement.
- If any amount is incorrect or you spot a transaction you did not make, call us at 254-826-3741 immediately.
- Keep a list o f your card numbers, along with the telephone numbers you should call if they are lost or stolen.
In the shops
- Check the sales slip to ensure the amount is correct and the total has been filled in before you sign.
- Make sure the retailer gives the card back to you, along with your copy of the voucher.
- Keep your card close to you — beware of pickpockets.
- Do not leave your ca rd in your car's glove compartment.
Telephone and mail order shopping
- When you place an order over the telephone or by mail, give your card number only if you are confident about the company's reputation.
- You might be asked for your Visa card security code — the three digits at the end of the card number printed on the signature panel. Give the seller that code but never give your PIN.
DO NOT use your VISA DEBIT CARD to sign up for Internet services or any type of monthly billing memberships! (Directv, At&T, Cell-Phone Companies, ETC), as these transactions cannot be stopped by us.
Additional Limit on liability for Visa Debit Card.
Unless you have been grossly negligent or have engaged in fraud, you will not be liable for any unauthorized transaction using your lost or stolen VISA card. This additional limit on liability does not apply to ATM transactions, to transactions using your Personal Identification Number, which are not processed by Visa, or to commercial cards.